Lumion is 3D rendering software made especially for architects and designers. All you need is a 3D model of your design and Lumion takes care of the rest, unleashing creativity and helping you show your design complete with shadows, lighting, rich and animated entourage, and photorealistic or conceptual effects.
In the continuously evolving fields of architecture, engineering, and construction, renderings, and architectural visualizations have become an essential tool for when professionals need to communicate their project ideas with clients, colleagues, and others. Lumion aims to turn the process of rendering into an easy, streamlined experience, reducing the amount of effort needed on your end to create beautiful results.
Vray is one of render engines in Chaosgroup. Chaos Group is a worldwide leader in computer graphics. We create technology that helps artists and designers create photoreal imagery and animation for design, television, and feature films. Our physically-based rendering and simulation software is used daily by top design studios, architectural firms, advertising agencies, and visual effects companies around the globe. Our research and development in cloud rendering, material scanning, and virtual reality is shaping the future of creative storytelling and digital design.
If you want to work faster, go for Lumion. If you want more detailed results go for V-Ray.
- It produces faster results and with its huge library, you don’t need to model every fine detail. Results with Lumion are on par with best renderers.
- You can produce static renders as well as video walkthroughs using Lumion with very little effort.
- It does not need special training and incredibly easy to use.
- It is real-time renderer, you can make changes on the go instead of waiting for complete render.
See Lumion sample renders | https://lumion3d.com/showcase.html
- Industry-standard renderer.
- Offers hyper-realistic renders. Major design studios, industrial designers, motion picture studios, CGI artists are using V-ray.
- High number of options/tweaks which may be daunting for new users.
- Hard to learn
See V-Ray sample renders | Gallery – Rendered with V-Ray
Each one has its pros and cons, Lumion is easy and fast. V-Ray is hard to learn but produces quality results. The choice basically depends on your usage.